New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a pond to take the Boyscout on a trip. I know there use to be one around Englishtown, where whatever you kept you pay by the pound. These boys are only 6-8yrs old. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
648 Posts
You can save yourself and your den/pack by fishing in any of the free places throughout the state. More than likely, if you ask around at the tackle shops by you you'd even possibly find someone to guide you right to a good spot.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
pequest pond,but dont know about keeping and paying
Is a fish education pond you can not keep any fish and it has to be done in conjuction with the State you can not just walk in and go fishing if I am correct

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
pequest cut weekend programs theirs a place in wall l&h woods and water they run kids programs try calling them aswell you could just take them to any lake aswell riseing sun at assunpink w.m.a would be a good choice aswell they also have a orinterring caurse set up on the other side of the lake it was made by a boy scout doing his eagle project

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Swiper1 sent ya a PM

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Can the boys just fish there anytime?
no u gotta contact the pequest hatchery. even if u cant fish the pond maybe u can still take the scouts there to show them the hatchery, i cant tell u how many times i took a tour of that hatchery when i was younger between scouts and elementary school lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you don't mind taking a ride go to Allamuchy Scout Reservation in Stanhope. Call up there and ask to fish the BACK pond. That is the cub Camp side of the reservation and is not highly fished but is very open, not overgrown. I take my scouts up there for there fishing merit badge each year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts