New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I use a Sony ( the one and only ) you will need a good treestand camera pod too. I use a gorilla pod. Works great...Just remember in the cold weather to wrap your camera so the cold doesn't mess it up.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
You should probably get something in the mini DV format. It is the easiest to work with to get on your PC, and is great quality video.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Do you guys camo up your camcorder? And how do you do it?

I know my Sony camcorder is silver in color and would probably be pretty shiny outdoors. So, what would do you do?

David

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have a JVC mini DV. I filmed a ton of deer this season with it and they never saw it even though it is silver. It was only $315 at Wal Mart.

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Beaverkill, How much are you looking to spend?
If your serious about videoing your hunts a 3CCD chip camera is what you want. Mini DV is by far the standard today also,I'm not sure you'll want to use this camera for family stuff and hunting though.

Cannon makes a couple of good ones as well as Sony.. I own the Cannon GL2 and use it to video my own hunts. You can exspect to go for 2 to 4 grand for a real good quality camera. If your not as serious or don't want to commit that kind of scratch,for 5 or 6 hundred you can get a good one but it will still pale in comparison to footage quality.

As for a camera arm I own a few including the Gorilla which I found kind of large and the head isn't smoothe enough for my taste. The best Ive found so far for size and price is to take a Realtree EZ hanger either the 2 or 3 fold large one. I attach a Caddy clip I get from work. It's a small light beam clamp, then to the clamp you can attach any head you want. You can spend 25 dolars or 400 dollars. The overall size is much smaller than any you'll find on the market.

Good luck, Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.