New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im up between the hook and great kills for blues, fluke and stripers. I can only do one of the two places. Im bringing a buddy who has never got a saltwater fish and love to get him hooked up on some nice blues, I have been to Great Kills this year a few times and done well, havnt gone to the hook yet. what ya guys think would be better. leaving 430 an fishing till about 230-3 trying to get both tides. whats the good word on the waters out there...

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Expect to take 1-2 hours just to get on and off the hook with all the traffic mixed with construction..

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Know before U go

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Go see Capt Ron The Fisherman A H

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
One of the few days I won't go is on a holiday where most people are off from work.(unless the weather keeps them home) There will be more people, crowds and boats than you can imagine. Oh did I mention the crowds. Go take him for a day checking deer trails and stands, less people.[patcheye] Good luck to you. If you go to the hook , get there just before or at sunrise and get a free pass at the ranger station. Then you can park anywhere. But you still can't fish where the life guards are. Just stay outside the flags, try the tip at the rip, or N. or S. of the guards at North beach. Fishing is great at Gunisson beach.:D ;) Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Scrub for the construction work info, I forgot all about that.

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
f that i fish anyday i can....bunker is and has been everywhere. im not worried about traffic that much, i go every year momorial day, traffic dosnt get bad till after 11 or so. just started fishing great kills this year and i like it there. its a toss up between there and the hook. it seems the hook is a bit busier than the kills tho

1 - 13 of 13 Posts