New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you gun experts, bowhunter here needs advise on buying a "black rifle", leaning towards a Bushmaster M4 A3.

I have shotguns and hunting rifles but do not have a "AR" yet. Looking to add one to my collection before any gun laws change. Plan on using it for target practice and to have for protection.

I would like to trick it out with a "laser sight" if that is what you call it, one that actually shines a dot on the target you are shooting at. Do I need a A3 top to mount this type of shooting aid or do they mount under the barell?

Also, where should I buy it from? I found some dealers on-line but they need to ship to a FFL dealer, never done that so any advice would be great or should I just "buy local" and if so who might have these in stock at a fair price?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
For lazer sight you can mount it on picatinny rail on the forend. I would not limit yourself to mounting it where the carry handle sight would go. If you want to shoot it with scope or red dot and don't plan on shooting it with the carry handle a2 peep site order it as a flat top. There will be picatinny rail there already for your scope rings. If you are not sure order it as an a3 so carry handle will be there for your sites or you can remove it to expose the picatinny rail for your future scope. I would stick with Armalite, bushmaster, or DPMS for your brand choice. You can order "post ban" jersey legal model from any gun store you just have to wait a bit. I heard there are a few around that are starting to carry them on a regular basis now. I think the craze is slowing down a bit... Good Luck on your purchase![up]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just at shoreshot yesterday, they have several ar styles/calibers in stock- give them a call- some were actually on sale.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Wher is sureeshot located?
http://www.shoreshotpistolrange.com/

I was at sure shot a week ago and they had an XM15 bushmaster for 1300$ in 223. They also had 2 DPMS rifles in 308.

Also try Tips hardware. I was there about a month ago and they about 25 different black rifles in stock.

218 Main St
West Creek, NJ 08092
(609) 296-3192

Good Luck. You're gonna love it.[up]

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Tips and a few other local stores are profiteering big time off of the recent craze and personally I wont buy from them. If you look hard enough, you can find one for a decent price.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Yeah, online... but call a few smaller gun shops too and see what they have to offer.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
was at Cheyenne mountain today in robinsville..they had a bunch of black rifles there. [up]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts