New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried one of those tri-pod stands with the swivel seat and gun rest? Sportsman guide has them on sale. I know they're only 10' high but I have a couple spots I could use one in. I was wondering how stable, squeeky, etc. they are. If anyone here has one, how do you like it?? Thanks, ambush

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
If you have a piece of property that you can leave the stand on without fear of trespass, theft or vandalism - it could be a good alternative to a tree ladder system.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I have a 13-15' Cabela's tripod. It is in an area where there are no options other than a ground blind. The only draw back is that it is not very easy to bow hunt out of. I don't know how the one you are looking at would be. They are very nice for gun hunting. The platform is 40x40 which is still on the tight side with the swivel chair. I enclosed mine with plywood and added a roof. I use a heater on those extra cold days like we had so far this year. As for the chance that someone would steal it. Good luck! It weighs 160 lbs and you will need a day and a half to dismantle it to carry out.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Would these work if I could get them in the middle of some thick thickets? I know the deer and bears are in there, but it is too thick to hunt through and too time consuming to cut shooting lanes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts