New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my subaru blew a head gasket yesterday, i need somethin for around $1500 in the southampton area, i want a pick up but will take just about anything that runs good and will pass inspection... any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna look there this afternoon but i cant access craigslist from my work computer

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
pretty sure you could get the head done for around that, maybe cheaper.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Last time I sent a head to be magnafluxed it was $300. new head bolts and a gasket kit another $200. If I were still turnin' wrenches I'd do it for $1500 in a heartbeat[hihi]

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
i do it every day for the past 15 years. guess u havnt worked in a shop lately @$105.00 an hour it adds up...and its a subuaru, not a easy honda civic or suntin..............

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this cars got 267,000 miles on it and i already spent about $500 getting it fixed this summer im not puttin another grand into, besides the head gasket it also needs a new water pump, the wheel alignments off, it has a shake when your driving, i put a new starter in it and it still doesnt fire up every time you turn the key, plus who knows what the hell else went wrong after i drove it 30 miles after the gasket blew and it was overheating and shooting out smoke the whole time... as much as i like the car its trashed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts