New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new string put on this year and Tom recommends putting a loop on the string. I trust his advise so will go with it. I can't use my old ball bearing Tru-Fire release anymore.
Any recomendations on a caliper release that won't break the bank? I'm not crazy about the velcro adjustments on the few that I've seen.
Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Any recomendations on a caliper release that won't break the bank? I'm not crazy about the velcro adjustments on the few that I've seen.
Don't buy velcro, buy a buckled version and don't buy something cheap for a release. It should be considered a critical piece of equipment.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I use a TruBall I used to use a Fletcher I really like the tru ball.. I use the velcro I do not like the buckle. With the Buckle I never get it exactly the way I like it on my wrist

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Based on my own experience, don't get a double caliper. After receiving some shooting advice, my shooting was much improved when I switched to a single caliper (Truball Loopmaster). Scott, Jim Fletcher, Spott Hogg make a couple of similar single caliper models as well. There are also others that have just the string finger on the end, but I like knowing I can hang the release on the loop and some sort of jaws enclose it.

http://bowsite.com/reviews/INDEX.CFM?REVIEWID=17

There are lots of choices and I actually like thumb releases, but for hunting, the single caliper works for me.
As to velcro, I simply switched mine out for a buckle.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
man.. i still have my old tru fire x caliper from the late 90's. When i get my bow back from Simon Peters, Im going to finally get a new release myself. Def thinking buckle this time around...

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
I use a trufire and I love it....not sure what mofo tom uses i'll have to get the name if it...he has problems with it not working right and it caused a flinch/neck(more like a haircut than a vital shot buck this season.

agreed a release for a bow needs to be quality and comfortable....just like a gun needs a quality trigger set

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.