New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing lots of adds in magazines and TV. They open up to 2 1/4" inches.. I was wandering if if any one shot them that is a serious hole...

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
What is the name of the head? The 3 new for 09 heads that I know of are the Braxe, the blood runner, and the spitfire max. None of them have a cutting diameter even close to 2 and a quater. the spitfire max is 1.75 maybe that's what your talking about.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I just got the Bloodrunners in, I am not to wild about them, they are more of a fixed blade that expands 3/4 of an inch on impact. Look like a G5.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the blood runner is the head I meant. 3 rear deploying blades 100 grains 2-1/4" of total cut. Why did you not like them?? Are they loud, do they feel flimsy, do they not fly well? Just wandering

·
Registered
15,556 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ultra mag I believe you I took the info right from the Add.. They way I read it it opened to 2-1/4" I was saying to my self wow thats some hole..

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I've heard mixed opinions on this head but most guys giving negative feedback have been shooting them into a block and they are falling apart. In my opinion you can't base a broadheads performance on how it looks after you shoot it into a block and then pull it out especially this type of head. This is a hybrid mechanical it's a fixed broadhead that opens to a larger cutting diameter on impact. obviosly pulling a broadhead out of a block is going to put a lot of stress on this type of head. Time will tell if it's any good. I'm going to be shooting g5 tekans this year.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
yes the blood runner is the head I meant. 3 rear deploying blades 100 grains 2-1/4" of total cut. Why did you not like them?? Are they loud, do they feel flimsy, do they not fly well? Just wandering
I haven't shot one yet, I just opened the box, and saw them, don't care for the style. Like Ultra said its a Hybrid, half n half. The ones they sent are 1.5 hole after opening, 1 inch hole closed. I will stick with the Rages.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.