New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time of the year I always have to get something new to try out. I don’t know why? Just a character flaw I guess. My Slick Tricks are right on and have never let me down but I just had to try out the new NAP Bloodrunners.
The Nap Bloodrunners are a new broad head that look like a neat idea. It is a 1 inch fixed head with a spring loaded point. When the broad head enters the animal the spring loaded tip retracts and that pushes 3 pivoting blades out to a 1 ½ inch cut. I thought this is a great idea. no mater what happens you have cutting surface going in.
Well the Bloodrunners flew about 4 inches to the right and 3 inches low than my field tips. But I could adjust fro that. Good penetration on the Block target. But the spring loaded tip made a ton of noise when the arrow is released. That would tell me the spring tip was retracting obviously not sprung enough. I mean lots of noise. No way would I use them in the field. I guess I could rig something up to hold the tip out like a little candle wax but at 40 bucks for 3 I should not have to.
Anyhow for all you guys looking to try them out the noise will disappoint you.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thanks for the information. I was just about to put a post up asking about them. I am going to stick with the G5 Montecs.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Stay with the tricks the Montecs are also a absolutely awesome no nonsense head.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Thanks for the report.

I've used the NAP Razorcaps since the '06-'07 season and love them. However, I picked up a 3-pak of NAP Hellrazors and will give them a try this season.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Block performance is a lot different than the performance you will get on a deer. Keep that in mind each time you pull the head out of the block target it puts stress on the ferule and the blades. If you shoot it at a deer it's gonna pass through and it's done. When I purchase broadheads I always buy two packs at a time one to practice with and one to hunt with. Hope this helps. This broadhead actually might not be that bad on performance after all. as for the noise I have no idea what could be causing that problem. do you get that issue with your slick tricks. I know Paul "Droptine" was getting hissing from his slick tricks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do the same with buying two packs of broadheads one for practice and the other for hunting. I will be using Slick Tricks this year. I did hear a a whistle on the tricks and then it went away. I have no idea what could have caused it. Now they are quiet. If anyone wants to try them i am in Hillsborough meet me for a beer and I will give you one.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I picked up a 3-pak of NAP Hellrazors and will give them a try this season.
Excellent broadhead[up]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
The Hellrazors are pretty sick!

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I hate to say it but those blood runners are crap. The idea is good but the design needs some work. I haven't heard many complaints about noise with them but there is a ton of complaints about the blades and ferrals breaking. The point where they machined holes for screws to go through blades just snapps on impact. At the price they sell for that should have been an issue worked out before being released. A friend of mine bought some and managed to break the ferral on the first one he shot on the 4th shot into a layered foam target. Read the cabelas reviews on them not very good feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts