New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I was at a local lake and they busted a few people recently with no lic. Awesome to see! I was so happy to see this happen since I spend so much on lic, permits, etc. The bastards first played the no speakey no english card, but this guy spoke spanish and caught them in multiple lies. It was great! They got a few people... Ohh I need a lic I dont see a sign that says that? Well do you see a sign on the road that tells you, you need a drivers lic? No Heres your ticket

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
lots of violations on the marina end. so many violations and so few dep lawenforcement officers. as a local municipal police office i find many violations on my own. the biggest problem i run into is i get questioned if i can issue such violations. they always find out the hard way. undersize blueclaw crabs are the biggest violations i find and lots of short fluke being cut at the marinas.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
i in no way would break a fishing law..but i think alot of people are sick of the stringent laws on the recreational guy while the commercial fishery can basically keep anything

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
i in no way would break a fishing law..but i think alot of people are sick of the stringent laws on the recreational guy while the commercial fishery can basically keep anything
Agreed. Nobody wants to stop the commercial fishermen, myself included. They have to make a living. However, they could lighten up with the regs. on the average Joe Saturday fisherman.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
SO what are you saying they couldn't make a living with more stringent regs? Remember they are not entitled to anything more than you or I.
Agreed. Are we supposed to allow the commercial fishermen to overfish the stocks again and again and again like they have with so many different species? Where's the sense in that? And once they deplete on stock, they switch to another fish species and begin to deplete those stocks...we need stringent regs and enforcement, IMO.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Remember they are not entitled to anything more than you or I.
Let's see they can take 14 inch fluke there season starts earlier and ends latter although they have brakes inbetween let them take 18 inch fish with a 6 fish limit instead of 14 and 38 fish limit

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I hope they are looking at the commercial fleets and not just the recreational fisherman.
I'm down in Pt Pleasant a lot and see them checking the commercial guys all the time I also see them give a lot of summons to them too so anyone who breaks the laws will probably sooner or later get caught

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
You guy gota do your homework better. The recreational fishery went over it's numbers not the comercial. We the comercail guy have to call in the numbers weekly and get a s#it as far as numbers. I can count the number of days i worked on my hands this year so stop crying about the comercial guy that is not even able to paying his bills

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Also i will tell you why you dont see many commercial guys brakeing the law the first reson is we are not allowed to work most of the time and also are fines are a hell of a lot biger then your one mistake can cost me 100k. Also who do you think is gonna pay for you guy over fihing the the fishery this year the commercial guy gonna pay thats who like always they will take the overs out of are end

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Let's see they can take 14 inch fluke there season starts earlier and ends latter although they have brakes inbetween let them take 18 inch fish with a 6 fish limit instead of 14 and 38 fish limit
Stash,

My post didn't come off right. What I meeant is that I should be entitled to the SAME as anyone else as far as the harvest of the ocean is concerned. JUST because you decide to become a commercial fisherman should NOT entitle you to anything more than I can take!!

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Great trout vidio thanks for sharing[up][up]

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
there season starts earlier and ends latter
yes are season opend jan 1 and was shut down on jan 2 is that what you want stash. Get the facts before you post Iwish we had you qoata maybe i would be able to keep my house and my kids in school [mad]

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
JUST because you decide to become a commercial fisherman should NOT entitle you to anything more than I can take!!
Agreed,what kills me is the bycatch that's just tossed overboard
Smitty,the rec numbers are puposely made to go over. When they use their fuzzy math to compute numbers and the only number that's changed is the size of the fish caught how can anyone possibly expect a reduction in the overall poundage?

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
i'de rather they just make it 16 inches and less fish then 18inches and catching shorts 20 to 1 with most being 17 to 17 and a half

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
In reality if they want whats best for the fluke population a slot limit should be instilled. This works great with other fish,why not fluke. It would eliminate throw backs of dead gullet hooked fish and protect the "on their way" breeding fish

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thats great mtmebnj. At the local lake where my family fishes there are some days when its packed with people and I"M the only guy with a license!!! I have called njfish and wildlife on several occasions to report this. Why do i pay for a license every year and these as****es dont? getting frustrated with this crap![wallmad]

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm sure the reason for the increased enforcement is the fines collected but I'm all for it.

More than one of my spots got cleaned out by non-english speakers completely ignoring game laws.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts