New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on News 12 on the bottom caption a N.Bergan Man dies from a hunting Accident has anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hunter Dies in Pike Woods After Falling from Tree
Tristatenews.com - 12 hours ago
... of 64-year-old Amier Perez of North Bergen , New Jersey. The man was found by friends just before noon on November 28 lying dead on the ground under his elevated tree-stand. Perez ...
Topics: Shohola, North Bergen, Pennsylvania

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hunter Dies in Pike Woods After Falling from Tree

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Is this the one we heard about before we left PA?

Hunter Dies in Pike's Woods After Falling from Tree
By Pat Camuso
Dec 1, 2005, 11:08am

BLOOMING GROVE TOWNSHIP, Pa- An out-of-state deer hunter is found dead in Pike County after an apparent fall.

The Pennsylvania State Police are investigating the death of 64-year-old Amier Perez of North Bergen, New Jersey. The man was found by friends just before noon on November 28 lying dead on the ground under his elevated tree-stand.

Perez was hunting on Pennsylvania State Game Land 180 in an area of woodlands stretching between Shohola Falls Lake and route 434 (portion of road formerly known as the Well Road) and paralleled by route 6.

According to Pennsylvania State Trooper Sandra VanLuvender, Perez succumbed to “neck and back trauma resulting from the fall.”

Pennsylvania State Police and the Pike County Coroner responded to the scene of this tragic Pike County hunting accident.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I struggle with my harness and consider it a real pain in the ass, but when I'm up there 25 feet up swaying in a tree I think it's just a little inconvenience after all.

Just last week I was sitting up in my stand and I look through my binos at dawn and see a guy on the opposite ridge in his stand. I check the trunk above and no harness strap. Later I see him climbing down, definitely without a harness.

I'm glad he didn't fall, the idiot, because I would have had to abandon my hunt to go help his crippled [no swearing please] :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Oh yeah, story #2. My friend's hot sister was dating this hunter guy some years back. They got engaged, married, then he fell out of his stand without a strap. Crushed a bunch of vertabrae and turned into a cripple for the better part of a year.

My friend's sister related to me once how much pleasure she received from caring for him, specifically using a special implement to break up his super-compacted grapefruit-sized stool so it would come out without tearing his anus (a byproduct of his medication).

Long story short, a divorce soon followed.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Wear your safety belts everyone!!!!!! You should wear the in and out of the tree...Most accidents hapen when you are either on your way up or down...it is a minor inconvenience that will save your life!!!!!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I wear mine. Up until this year I hardly wore it up and down, but that changed.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
It only takes one slip. You need to be especially careful when the freezing temps roll in. Any moisture on ur stand/steps could freeze up and make them very slippery.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I use it. Didn't think I would when I first got it but I value my mobility too much and I have little kids - that's enough to make you think 2x - at least it should.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
1/3 of treestand hunters will fall out of treestands at some point. Another 1/3 will lie about not falling out of treestands. Wear the safety harness!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.