New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife's transmission went on her Accura TL yesterday. My machanic said 2,400 to have it rebuilt. Does anybody know if tha's a good price and how good are rebuilt transmissions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reminds me of a funny story while hunting Michigan 20 years ago... They do a lot of "road hunting" up there and a guy at camp put his loaded 30-06 in the front seat pointing down, hit a bump and the gun went bang. Right through the transmission. It was his wifes car so he had to call her and told her "The transmission is shot- be home soon"

·
Registered
408 Posts
$2400 is as cheap as you'll find anywhere nowadays as the amount of labor required to pull a tranny out of a front wheel drive car isn't like the old days! Shop around for the best warranty though. IMO 1 year 12,000 miles is bullshit considering how long a trans is supposed to last and what some places offer! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
yup imagine that!! only about 100% of those acura transmissions go. I have a shop in flemington and ship them right to the dealer theyre a pain in the ass and they do so many of them ive never had a customer complain it didnt get done right. I send ppl to clinton acura

·
Registered
464 Posts
I know Acura had a recall on some tl transmissions. If your vehicle was covered under that recall would be a freebie. If it was and no longer is due to time or mileage I would call Acura cooperate and ask for asstiance. I have heard of them making you pay a $500 deductible and them covering rest. They give you a whole unit and not a rebuild. Either way I would have dealer do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.