New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Surry college in N.C. to finally learn the right way to do Taxidermy. The classes and Instuctors were first rate. I learned more in 3 days than I learned elsewhere in 9 months. I entered a couple pieces in the competion. The first thing I learned in competion is don't have more than one animal in the piece because they falt everthing on them all. The racoon piece took a first in habitat ( 1 of only three pieces in all the amature division that got a blue ribbon) and a third in the animals, (missed a second place by one point). the bobcat chasing the chuckar got a third in habitat (The habitat didn't fair to well in the back of my truck for the 9 hour ride) and a third for the mount (missed a second place by three points)most of the deductions were on the birds. I also found out by the judge that my mounts were second and third for peoples choice. Here are some pics of what I brought down. (sorry didn't take any there with the ribbons I didn't bring my camera)

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
Congrats, very nice work. [up][up]

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Bowhunter444,

I just looked on the surry college Web sirte for info on the course and could not find any. Can you provide any info on the actual course and when it is offered. Was it a one time offering or is it part of another program? Please email me.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
great job! they look great![up]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.