New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and my brother went out this afternoon to a pond in the middle of some woods and my son jumped some geese that had come into the pond sometime in the early afternoon during a rain storm. My son downed one of the geese with his first shot. Too bad I was in bed sick but, it was definitely a memorable moment. He's having a great year of hunting. We still have until Tuesday morning to shoot some more waterfowl. He's definitely hooked on it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Congratulations to your son

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Tell your son nice job!!!

Bent Barrels, where in the post did the OP say that they were in Maryland? How are people reading this on NJ Hunter to know that they were out of state if we don't know Tarhunt?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Bent Barrels, where in the post did the OP say that they were in Maryland? How are people reading this on NJ Hunter to know that they were out of state if we don't know Tarhunt?
Heading down to the Eastern Shore of Virginia this afternoon to do some duck hunting with my dad, my brother and my youngest son. I haven't duck hunted with my brother in four years. Should be fun. He's bringing his labs with him. I was getting tired of trekking across the tidal streams to recover downed ducks. There's some flooded timber on my parent's property that holds black ducks and some mallards. Hopefully, I'll post some photos if we shoot any.
Good luck
Are you jumping in to defend another NJ hunter expert, or are you one?

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Congrats! I have been hooked on goose hunting since I was young. Made several trips to the Eastern Shore for goose in it's heyday as the "Goose Capital of the World". As soon as my freezer has sufficient venison in it, I turn my attention to the honkers as a change of pace.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Actually it's Virginia..... And Tarhunt only mention a dozen times and various other posts....that he was excited to go waterfowl hunting with his son on his family's farm in Virginia.....

"Waterfowl gods"

bent barrels, these guys are just frustrated... One owns a rattle can rig that couldn't bust its way through a wet paper bag.... The other a 10 foot shitbox that would crunch like a bag of potato chips..... One day when they get big boy boats maybe they can kill ducks in the ice...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ah....the other GOD of water fowl chimes in.
You two really need to expand your social circles......you are not good for each other
Why is it you come on here always looking to pick at someone. Always attempting to undermine. You two seem to be good duck hunters. You are terrible people though.
Bent comes on and basically accuses (or implies) that the boys first goose was taken illegally.
Then goes right at the guy who asks why.
You both are very good with the cut and paste. Also with misdirection and the twisting of words.
Swampy....oh I mean Deuce.....you go right on thinking that you are the ultimate water fowler. I bet is gives you satisfaction where other parts or your anatomy leave you feeling unmanly.
You have the best boat....best decoys....best calls...best spots....best gun....You are a Water Fowling God......All hail the great god of water fowl!!.....
LOL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts