New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the idea that I am not the only one not seeing many bucks over the past two weeks. Since the nuts are hitting the ground the deer are in the whites.
With the full moon upon us I have decided to change it up a bit. Off the bait sites onto the oak ridges and hunting mid day from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. my son hit an oak ridge a couple of days ago and saw lots of deer but not one of the kind we are looking for. It is just a matter of time. The only other place that we have seen bucks over the past few days is in the apple orchards. Two gifts from nature that the deer love......white acorns, and apples. couple those with a mid-day hunt and you might just be in business. That my thoughts... good luck to all!:D

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Nice idea[up] Good luck and let us know how you do.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I noticed that the mid day/afternoon hunts have been real good with the moon rise. OAKS, OAKS, OAKS!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You might be right old man.[hihi]I have been seeing deer mid day in many spots I drive by at lunch time. I've seen three nice bucks on a powerline cut thru and in between houses in the past few days. They there like clockwork. Go getum. VK

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I agree with you, I've been noticing the same thing where I hunt. I'm in the oaks and still very little activity in the afternoons. I think the full moon has them being more active at mid-day and after night fall. I'll be doing a morning hunt tomorrow but I will be staying on stand longer than I normally would to catch the late movement.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
A great idea greg![up]

·
Banned
26 Posts
Highguy, i have been hunting the stand you and i put up and have seen alot of deer, and several of the ones i have on the camera. But they are just walking past the corn and walking in circles eating the acorns.... its fun to watch them!!!! maybe this coming week i will move on them where they seam to be going everyday!!!!! over towards the field

1 - 8 of 8 Posts