Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Magnum V8 4X4

Pick it up tonight at 8:30. Man I can't wait! [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Nice truck. No off roading though. You know how prone Dodges are to scratching. Right Matty?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know how prone Dodges are to scratching
No driving through bush's with this baby. And it is black so the scratches will show. So I will be keeping this thing on the wide paths and roads :)[up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
When you pick it up, can I drive it up that hill we took mine up?:D

Best of luck with it Sean!!!:):)

On a side note, I was thinking of selling my big beast and buying a V6 Dakota Quad Cab instead. Anyone know if they make the Quad Cab Dakota V6 with a manual transmission? I dont like automatics.[down]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
good luck sean! every vehicle i ever owned was black. it is a pain to keep clean tho.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Nice truck and good luck with it. But I would rather be STROKED THAN RAMMED..:D

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But I would rather be STROKED THAN RAMMED
Well I would rather pay what I did and do some ram'n then spend $8k more just to be stroked :)

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Lol...uh oh

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 14 Nov 2005 6:16 PM

Currently Offline Posts: 1885
Nice truck. No off roading though. You know how prone Dodges are to scratching. Right Matty
By black Ranger has a ton of scratches...these will polish out though I am just too lazy.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I picked her up last night and man is she sweet!! This is my first new truck since my 2001 4 door Tacoma TRD off-road

I compared the two and here are the comparisons

05 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 01 Toyota Tacoma 4 Door TRD
HP - 250 195
Ride - bumpy Bumpy
Handling - tight loose
Options - Well Equipped Loaded
Ground Clearance - High Higher
Thrill level - 9 8
Gas Mileage - 15 - 20 19 - 24
Style - Awesome 2001 - OK 2006 Awesome
Price - $17,859 $28,999

Over All I would I LOVE the Dodge tons of Power and it has everything one wood want in a truck at a very good price. But the Toyota by far has more comfort better ride nicer seating. 2006 Toyota's look hot as hell but the Dodge is not far behind with looks but for the money I think Dodge is still the over all better of the 2. I took a reasonably loaded Dodge and there are more amenities then my 2001 Toyota had. Just thought I would share my thought on the 2 trucks so if anyone was looking for a new truck the Dodge is more bang for the buck and it has allot more POWER!! [up][up] Very Happy I thank the wife very much as she was the one to give the okay, man I I LOVE the wife!!!:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
man I I LOVE the wife!!!
You should. New puppy, new bow, new truck, and new baby. You should be kissing her feet my friend.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Dbuck,

I'd rather be cummin than strokin....

I have a 2500 with the cummins

-dan

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must say Dodge has come a long way! That Cummings is a good motor. I heard ford was offered that motor and they turned it down so Dodge picked it up

G

·
I have the 2005 Toyota Tacoma, TRD, Long Bed, 4 door, full size back seats, V6 245HP, Auto, full loaded, and I love my Toyota

1 - 20 of 41 Posts