New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the new franchi instinct sl. Was planning on buying a browning but this gun felt great looked great and great price. Anyone else have one? How you like it?

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Very nice. I like that Prince of Wales PG.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
I was going to buy a Franchi at one point but my gunsmith told me its nearly impossible to get parts for....that was a couple years ago hopefully things have changed..

nice gun

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
why would you need parts?
If you ever need parts for that gun, which you probably never will, call up the Beretta Gallery NYC and talk to Andrew. He will sort any issues you may have. Beretta holdings own Franchi.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really like the Instinct line from Franchi. I have a Franchi I-12 with over 3,000 rounds through it without any issues. Great field / trap gun. Franchi is owned by Benelli who is owned by Beretta so I know they stand behind their products.

The Instinct line got great reviews at the SHOT show. Great gun, even at MSRP.

Mind if I ask where you picked it up and cost? Nice hard case too!

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Nice [up] good luck with it

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got out and shot it for the first time tonight. Shot two rounds of trap did not get to pattern it first so wasn't sure how it shot. I shot a 16 and 20. Gun felt great. The recoil was not bad at all. I was shooting reloads 1 ounce at about 1180 fps. Gun was a little stiff to open and close but that will loosen. Over all after the first 50 rounds I really like the gun.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
[up] Was just named "Shotgun of the year" by Sporting Classics Magazine. I own a Franchi Alcione T, two barrel set. Very nice gun also.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Gun was a little stiff to open and close but that will loosen.
That is what I don't like about them. It may take years to loosen up or maybe never. Ask a gunsmith if it can be done for you. I like them to fall open not have to wrench it apart. Rem O/U have the same problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts