New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
although we didnt shoot a buck, we had a good time.. my dad and i left for ill thursday the 4th and hunted until this past sat.. all together we saw about 40 bucks and a coutless amount of does.. pop had a 125inch 8 point at 6 yards on wednesday but no shot. thursday he had three different shooter bucks near him never presenting a shot.. one was an giant 180inch 10point typical with about a 24 inch spread and tall tines.. man did that get him shook up.. no shooters for me but just hering how excited my dad got made my trip worth while....

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
one was an giant 180inch 10point typical with about a 24 inch spread and tall tines.. man did that get him shook up
I would be shaking too.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
ILL is really an awesome place to hunt and I was fortunate to go 2000 and 2001 for shotgun. It's amazing at what QDM/Good genetics/Good food will do for the deer herd. Plus, limited buck take (2 per year)

Glad you had fun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
LIFE HOG I'M GOING FOR THE THREE DAY GUN SEASON, I WILL BE IN PIKE COUNTY AT EAGLE LAKE OUTFITTERS. SPOKE WITH THE OUTFITTER THE OTHER DAY, SAID THAT THERE ARE SOME REAL SLAMMERS RUNNING AROUND. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE. I THINK I WILL BE USING MY MUZZLELOADER, I LOVE HUNTING WITH THE MUZZLELOADER. THE TEMPS. ARE FORECASTED TO BE LOW AND HOPEFULLY THE RUT WILL KICK IN.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
My buddy finally got a resident tag for Illinois. He has bow hunted it since he moved out there, but was finally able to get a resident firearm tag. He talked to my sister yesterday and said he has seen some big ones while bow hunting. He can't wait until firearm comes around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts