New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deer Snout Fawn Tail Cow-goat family
Haven't seen a single deer in the woods since mid September, this happened to me at 5:00 am in Z 50 heading to my spot in Z 14, screwed up my truck pretty bad, now this is a classic case of " if I it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all". Now question, is the police accident report enough for legal possession? I asked the officer, he had no clue

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I don't see an exit wound. That's what happens when you use a big mechanical. :). Sorry just trying to lighten your mood. Alway stinks hitting them with vehicle.

Reactions: woodsman

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I did same about 7 years ago. Ruined passenger side door of my Tahoe. Deer ran off. I continued down rd another mile to my hunting spot. That was the only deer I saw all morning.

I believe you need a road kill permit to legally possess it. But police report would be enough to prove it is your deer and you had good intentions. If CO has a slow day they could come after you I would think. But you will probably be ok. Hope meat is good with no splintered bones.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.