New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my stand 4:30 this morning. I got comfortable and closed my eyes for a while. About 5:30 i figured I'm about 40 minutes away from legal shooting time, so I took my bow off of the hook in the tree and put it in my platform bow holder. About 5:45 I nocked an arrow so just in case I wouldn't have to do it with a deer around. At that second, a small deer walks right under my stand and is browsing about 18-20 yards away. I stood up, picked up my bow and waited. It hung around about 1/2 hour, long enough for me to see it was antlerless. I decided to shoot as soon as it turned broadside. I was mumbling to myself "bend at the waist" pick a spot on the deer" over and over. I let loose and "thump"! I made the shot. She turned and ran past my stand and stopped about 75 yards away, then took off.
I waited about 15 minutes, then climbed out and got my arrow. It was evident I made the shot too far back.
There was no blood trail at all! I went to the last spot I saw it and zig zagged a 100 yd by 100 yd area and after 2 hours found it.
It was small, but it's still my first bow kill and now that I've earned my buck, I can't wait to get back out.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats dude... welcome to the Club...
Thanks Sal, I think I'm gonna like being a member!! What a rush it is drawing back on a deer[up]

·
Registered
17,068 Posts
congrats [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Congrats. Hoping to get my 1st Friday evening.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
didn't I tell you that lastnight, and don't forget
Yes you did and I made it a point to remember[up]

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
congrats on your first bow kill[up]

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats. Hoping to get my 1st Friday evening.
Good luck with it Mpem[up]

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all of you. I hope everyone has a great start to thier season too. I'm hoping for a repeat on Saturday[hihi]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts