New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys do for this? This one goes all the way back to his paw.

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Not much you can do, Trim off any rough edges with a nail file so it doesn't get caught on anything, maybe some clear nail polish..
Keep the nail trimmed as short as possible until the split grows out.

Did it bleed al all?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Clean it , keep it clean, let it grow out , trim as it grows. Buck will be fine, it's happen to roc a bunch of times. Just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The damn vet just cut them yesterday. He had to go under to do it. He's impossible with nails. It's not bleeding but really deep. Guess I'll call them tomorrow. Will glue or something tighten it up?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Clean it , keep it clean, let it grow out , trim as it grows. Buck will be fine, it's happen to roc a bunch of times. Just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[up] How long will he be off of chipmunk duty?
Thanks double post guy!:D

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Till it grows out.chipmunks are safe for now

·
Registered
98 Posts
My gsp does it more on the ice than now. I have cleaned it, then used a small zip tie to hold it together. I used the gel crazy glue to hold it all together until it could grow out. I booted her while hunting. The tie had to be replaced once before it grew out.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
heat up an old butter knife ( Please wear a glove) until it turns almost red. Touch both sides of crack , the nail will melt together .Only do it a little at a time so not to have it flame up.
only touch the outside of the nail ,, the outside of a nail is dead hair folicles

if you ever cut a dogs nail too far and hit the quick you can sing that shut the same way to stop the bleeding

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
So what happend here did the dog get to the Vet?

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Called vet. He said it will heal in a week on its own![up]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.