New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I dropped my slug gun off at Paterson Gunsmithing about 3 weeks ago for my scope to be remounted and bore sighted and the feed checked as it wasn't feeding properly. The gunsmith said it will have to be reblued also and that everything should be done by the 20th. Well today I call him and he said the other guns are done, but he still has to be reblue my slug gun and it should be done by the end of next week. I told him that is my deer gun and the season starts next week and that he told me he would have had it done already. He told me I can pick it up, but it needs to be reblued. I also have to sight it in.
Fortunately I still have my muzzleloader which I believe I can still hunt with. I believe I can hunt bear with it and deer also.

B

·
0 Posts
why did it need to be reblued? was it really that poor in condition? use the smokepole for the deer/bear hunt

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has some rust on it.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Pick the gun up and sight it in. Take some oooo or ooo steel wool with a cleaning solution such as Shooters Choice or Hoppes. Rub lightly on the affected areas. Rub lightly! Unless you have major rust, it will take it off and clean it up pretty well. Take a cloth and rub some oil etc over the areas you steel wool. You can get the gun reblued any time.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just got back from Paterson Gunsmithing. They haven't touched it yet. Beside reblueing that had to repair the feeding mechanism and remounted and bore sight my scope. Still won't be done until the end of next week. I will be praying it doesn't rain so I can use my smoke pole.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about it but the wife would kill me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts