New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
WOW !!! brings back memories of going to joe's when i was a kid and all the way up to when the place burned down.If i remember correctly, we were talking about his place on a previous thread awhile back.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If it was the Albert bros. cabin you would be feeding them by had, or the story goes they used to feed the deer by hand.

I spent saturday in the pines with a couple friends and genleman by the name of Ted Gordon. He knew the Albert brothers very well. He was telling us stories about the old home place.

Chris

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hewey..i went to Joe Alberts one Saturday just before dark. We saw plenty of deer and feed them by hand like you say.Anyhow when when we left we went the back way out through the forest not even knowing where we would come out.We ended up getting stuck in a giant mud hole and had to walk out to flag someone down to take us to a phone( in 85') we came out on 539 and got a ride to Claytons Log Cabin Restaurant .
WHAT A NIGHT!!![wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hewey..i went to Joe Alberts one Saturday just before dark. We saw plenty of deer and feed them by hand like you say.Anyhow when when we left we went the back way out through the forest not even knowing where we would come out.We ended up getting stuck in a giant mud hole and had to walk out to flag someone down to take us to a phone( in 85' we came out on 539 and got a ride to Claytons Log Cabin Restaurant .
You make the wrong turn at night out in the Froked River Mountains and you can get in some trouble, especially at night. Some of those holes will swollow a truck on 44's! I have been in some situations out in the pines, from running out of gas, blown clutches, broken ring and pinion gears and I even got into an accident once. I came around a blind curve as another pick up was coming the other way and we met with a light head on collision!

I never had a chance to experience the old homeplace, its demise was a few years before my time. I can only enjoy the stories.

A video from the 80's about the history of the Albert brothers, The Homeplace and Albert Hall.

Chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
This post just brought back lots of memories from about 40 years ago. Use to go there and feed the deer. Two signs always got my attention "Dogs, deer and dabbits" and "Which way to ALBERTS rye and roll?" And yes he did have a deer named Bucky which became a nice 8pt. and then was killed illegally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.