New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets just say i wish we could hunt on Sundays. This morning I woke up around and went to the bathroom. I looked out the window into the woods in the back and there were 11 deer. All does except for a really nice 6 point that was high and wide. the front of his right main beam was broken off. One of the does must have just come in as this guy w [no swearing please] doggin her all over the woods. HE didnt pick his head up from the ground and was chasin her all over the place. he seperated her from the group and chased her out of sight. The rest of them bedded down within bow range of the house and didnt leave until i went out to plow the driveway around 11. I dont have to travel far tom morning but I'll be out with the bow instead of the gun. Good luck to the rest of you guys. Be safe.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
MS22,

If you ever need a helping hand with them deer over there, I'd be more than happy to help :D. I'm so jealous. If I ever had 1 deer in my backyard, let alone 11, I'd fall over and probably wind up breaking my neck. It is next to impossible for that to happen in my town.

David

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to make you guys even more jealous but there are always deer in the neighborhood. One day last year around this time i had about thirty deer bedded down in the woods behind my house. A lot more deer have piled in since the early gun season. And more will be on they're way in after the shooting starts tom. They like to hole up in the safe places in the neghborhood during the day and then make they're way onto peoples lawns at night. they also make the long walk from the neighborhood out to the cornfields where the gun clubs are at night. But they are right back in the neighborhood come first light.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oooh man...I hope everyone in the car was alright. I was out this morning but didnt have any deer come within range. all does. I heard a lot of shootin comin from everywhere this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts