New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Morrell Humungo box target. The cardboard that holds it together is not gonna last another session.

Should I :
1) Take the foam inserts (layers) out and press them into a bag target? (if so - reccomendations needed)

2) Keep using more duct tape?

3) buy a new target?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks MG, I was looking for a Copy of "Double Helix" anyway!

Bag cover will do.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If the foam is good, Id put it in a bag cover, or get another box.

I used to buy bags from a company called "U-stuff-it" I dont know if they are in business anymore, but very cheap bag targets (w/o stuffing) that were durable and rather large! They work great!

Have a good one---Matt

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Personally, I'd duct tape it and see if it holds out for another year. Otherwise, I'd just buy another one.

David

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yup thats them![up]

I noticed them on your link after I posted. Good bags. Though I recall them being cheaper. Now you can get a good Delta burly bag target for $25 (already filled). Thats what I currently use for field tips.

Of course you wont be able to shoot broadheads at the bags pla930.

Another option is to take the foam you have, and see if you can get more. Then compress it with wood and threaded rod. with the layers facing you. Its like a poor mans block target, plus you can make it as big as you want. Makes a good broadhead target, or a great backstop. If you dont understand what I mean, just ask, I can explain it better. Just too lazy to type it all out right now.;)

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matty - I understand.

It's a good broadhead target "as is".

More duct tape!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts