New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my dad happens to rent a cottage on 48 acres in Readington that backs up to Round Valley Reservoir property. Tonight was my first hunt on his property, even though he has lived there for 2 years. Climb in the tree at 1330hrs. I figured the deer would not move till later in the day dur to the wind, but I wanted to get in early. The hunt was pretty uneventful till this guy came off the mountain behind me. At around 1545hrs this guy came in cruising alone off the mountain. From first sight to taking the shot was no more than 2 minutes. But the shot was a very lucky thing. I had a small window that he stopped in when I let out a mouth grunt. When I leaned to my right a touch to get a good shot angle I torqued my wrist slightly which sent my arrow a touch left. The arrow bounced off the tree and luckily went through the deer's neck, hitting both jugular veins. The buck bled out in under 50 yards, which he ran up hill. I am so very fortunate that this worked out for me and for the quick kill on this buck.

Thank you for viewing.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Nice! Congrats!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: njbowhntr

·
Registered
13 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Nice buck congratulations, HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT DRAG ROPE?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts