New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been helping out at the dojo we go to all weekend in Landing. Right next to 7-11 for those in the area. Theres all woods behind the place lots of deer there. Anyway i'm out front painting a window and I tell my 8 yr old son and my 7 yr old girl to go behind there camper and pic up the trash thats on the groung. As they get to the end of the camper out of the woods 10 yds away if that comes this 500 lb blackbear. My daughter yells bear and he turns and runs back in the woods. They come runnning to me calm and collected and tell me what happened. So I go running back there and see him limbering away. I start following him yelling and stomping hoping he never comes back. Belive me I'm glad how it went down i know it could have been worse. thank god all the teaching I did to my kids about bears paid off. they didnt panic and could not stop talking about how they had a bear that close.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I was talking to the Dale the animal control guy for Hopatcong. He told me he had a 500-600lb'er in front of his house Friday morning!! Nice meeting you the other day.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
same here, on my way to long valley today I stopped in mcdonalds with my kids and what do I see. Tractor supply. I had no Idea it was there. I went in and got 2 more woodsman. that place is awsome.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Excellent job on educating your young children and raising them with a sense of maturity and responsibility. [up]

Crappy job by the "powers that be" in putting your innocent children, and others, in a position where they could have been injured. [mad]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Tick...tick...tick... (I'm glad it wasn't your kids!) [wallmad]

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO SH** let me tell you agree or not if it was, i'd go after every bear in this state at that point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts