New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
You'll hear people swear by both. Ive got the four blade. It took me a few arrows to find the perfect match, but that could have been matching the arrows to the bow. Bottom line is they are as accuarate as any other I've had.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I've shot both, the 4 blade groups a little better for me and as a designer, I like the anodized blue better than the red [hihi]

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iv shot deer with the 100 grain 3 blade and had good success but i never tried the 100 grain 4 blade, Thinking of trying something new this year.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
i shot the 130gr 4 blades for 18 years
last year changed to the 100gr 4 blade,i went to carbon arrows.
many blood trails.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i would lean toward the 3 blade if they both shoot good because:
1) 3 blade ferrel is slightly stonger (less cutouts for blades)
2) if hard bone is hit, 3 blades will penetrate easier
3) 3 blade is generally more readily availible

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
3 blades, 100grains.
Strong, cheap in $$. easy to replace blades & almost any sport shop carries them.
Watched 6 deer drop last season between 30 & 75 yards after the shot. Very easy to tune too.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
ive killed em with both 3 blade and 4 blade ive seen better blood trails with the 3 blade along with better penetration but the 4 blade is just as deadly

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
1) 3 blade ferrel is slightly stonger (less cutouts for blades)
i do have to say, i think the 4 blade is stronger because on the X of steel that is in the ferrel.
i never liked how the 3 blades connect.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I shoot Muzzy 3 blade. I accidently bought a pack of 4 balde a few years ago and they shoot identical to my 3 blade.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I have used both I have used the regular 3 blade 100's and the MX4's.. They both fly great out of my bow and have killed many deer.. I always got better blood with the 3 blade I do not know why.. So now I just use the 3 blade but they are both good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts