New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my renewal form for my Rifle Permit, so I mailed it back with my $9.50 check

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Gosh darn it. I just realized that I will probably be hunting (and buying) every freaking deer season this year! Early bow, fall bow, permit bow, 6-day, muzzy, permit shotgun, and winter bow.

Hmmm...maybe I'll relax during the 6-day week.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have my rifle permit as well, but never actually used it yet, anyone recommend a good beginner muzzleloader?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sameone I told Drag to get, the KNIGHT WOLVERINE in .50, top it off with a decent scope.

Drag, your BSing again, you will not relax during the 6 day shotgun season, plus most likey there will be a bear hunt at that time

·
Registered
340 Posts
I too have to renew my rifle permit. I do not own a muzzle loader. I do not have NJ firearms ID card yet.Can someone tell me if it is illegal to order a kit through the mail at a place such as Cabelas or B [no swearing please] Pro Shops, or any where else.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
It is illegal to have a muzzleloader shipped to NJ. You can go out of state and legally purchase one but you cannot accept delivery of one in state unless it is directly from a FFL.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Gypsy...let me get this straight..A Jersey resident can legally go to PA and by a firearm without a permit. Then legally bring back to NJ.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Gypsy...let me get this straight..A Jersey resident can legally go to PA and by a firearm without a permit. Then legally bring back to NJ.
Muzzleloaders and BB guns can be legally purchased in PA without a FID card. However, FID is required for NJ residents on rifles and shotguns.

you can buy it in PA but ya better have someone with an FID with you during transport should you get stopped.
No need. FID card not required. NJ law exempts legal transportation of firearms to and from a firearms dealer, while hunting, and transportation to and from a range for target practice.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Listen guys under NJ law you must have your NJFID Purchase card on you at all times while you have your long gun, you can be transporting it to from the store, range, gunsmith, friends house, and you also have to have it with while hunting. As far as buying a muzzleloader thru mail order, YES you can I did it, Drag did it, Muzzleloaders don't fall under the regulations like shotguns, and rifles. Some stores will mail them out, and others will not

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
My Rifle permit expired in June 1998 cause I moved out of state and never got a new one. Will I have to take the test again?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts