New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with mice? Do I need a special stamp or permit to nail the little guy in my basement?

LOL ;)

Kidding. Just making fun of the world we live in today... you need a freaking permit (hunting related or not hunting related) for just about everything.

P.S. I am using peanut butter as bait.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i just got a thinking tag so i can think about getting a permit to ask if i can bait the mice in the garage and signed up for the course on trapping rodents to get my trapping permit..then get certified in peanut butter handling !!!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Get 4 or 5 of those black covered traps with the little bait cup in them. Fill it with peanut butter. Find the area of the most mouse [no swearing please] and place it there along the wall.Turn out the lights. Within 2 or 3 hrs those traps will be full. Lift open the black cover and drop them outside dead as a stump. Worked here got them just in time. I got two before they had the chance to see the results of their romantic time together and the rest of their family knew where they were at. Sealed up the tiny hole they came in and no more droppings and no more mice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you need a permit to wear boxer shorts?:D

Anyhow, I had them rodents living in my Explorer[It`s been sitting all winter and gettin fixed next week]. Found mice crap on my floor mats and seen where they started to take the stuffin out from under the seats,plus they musta made a nest in my heater compartment cause it`s making a loud noise when I turn it on.So I bought 3 traps and used peanut butter and jelly. In 2 days I caught 4 mice and havent had any since[I felt like Jeremiah Johnson].The best part was that I caught 2 in one trap at the same time both by the neck!I just hope that they didnt get to my wireing, they can do some real damage there,well I`ll find out next week.

B

·
0 Posts
OK guys heres the truth about baiting mice. "Czar" Bradley Campbell says NO to baiting mice, he agrees 100% with the PETA people, he also wants to try new things, like using mice birth control, radio collars, and he also stated that we need "MOUSE MANAGENENT ZONES"

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Quick Mouse Survey;

Should we kill the buggers with traps?

Should we kill em with poison?

Shou.....nevermind......Ill just write up a proposal for mouse seasons.:D :D :D :D

Im also thinking about starting a mouse hunting club...does anyone want to join?

You get a free hat....heres a pic....

For the name, Im thinking something along the lines of The Mousekateers....sound good?

Seriously, we had mice...traps work, but poison is way better.

So how do you cook em?:D

·
11,226 Posts
I would like to join the Mousekateers! I love mouse hunting! I've taken all the mouse hunting courses and have all the proper lisences and stamps! I hunt in mouse zones 913246 and 913247.
As far as cooking them goes Matt...I just pop'em into the toaster whole! Then slap'em on a piece of bread with some cheese and mustard!
Yes I would have to say "cabin fever" has settled in!

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
shot me a big one this morning it must have weighed in dressed to 9.0 ounces I'm going to have him stuff full body. I will have the pic loaded up here to show him off.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I start with a big bait pile(peanut butter and birdseed)..i clear a couple of shooting lanes..i crack a cold beer and camo up...i load the quad with gear..(more beer and the blowgun)...ride around to the back of the house..then i begin the stalk...slowly entering the garage i slip behind the john deere..my heart pounds in my chest and i feel that burst of adrenaline and my hands shake as i watch the big bull mouse run the smaller ones off as he feasts on the bait pile...i can barely load the dart as i watch this trophy cl [no swearing please] monster licking the peanut butter then wrenching a fat sunflower seed from the pile and turns broadside...i send the dart behind his shoulder .... he goes two steps and piles up....i fire up the quad and drive around to the garage door and back in so i can hook him and drag him out..i think a nice head mount will look real good over the fireplace. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts