New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brownstones, GunnyFern, and myself went to see George tonight, I met his two workers, super nice guys, one comes on here ,and I forgot his screen name. Anyway George still had 3 full body mount NJ bears to finish, one was a 225lb. bear, and the other 2 bears where each 550lbs. the one was bigger in size then the other, and I mean just gorgeous. He also had so many gorgeous deer mounts that just need some air brushing and they are done. What a rack we saw there it was brought in yesterday, it was shot in MONMOUTH COUNTY it was a 18 pointer double main beam with a drop tine. GunnyFern was sold on his work, and was also sold on George and his workers being honest with the questions he asked.

Gunny was I BSing you on his work? I tell you this guy does such gorgeous work, he even gave me some ideas on some mounts of bears if I get one this year.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
brownstones said after seeing those bear mounts "IF I GET BEAR HERE IN NJ, I HAVE TO GET A FULL BODY MOUNT"

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well hopefully the hot weather will be there while they are filming, get them out of there so they get no deer

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I'm definitively sold on George's work, nice guy to boot. Joe(BHC) I'm sold on a full mount as well, have no place to put it, but I can throw out a couch if need be :D.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fern, no need for a couch you can sit on the floor, got to have room for the mounts !!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what a difference between bears from NJ, Alaska, and Canada. My 2 bears from Canada has rough fur, my NJ bear has thick soft fur. George had 3 full body NJ bears in the shop and all 3 had thick soft fur, the one from Alaska had soft fur, but it wasnt as soft as the NJ bears, but the Alaska bear had much thicker fur. He said the fur shows how healthy the NJ bears are and shows they are eating very well.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rutnbk, your turkey will be ready in 1 month or 2 months at the most........Go there and see those 2 huge bears

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jrhunt, you need to go see him before your trip out west

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
BHC, 35Whelan and I went to Wildlife Preservations today.
Heres a picture of Bowhuntercop dreaming about a huge bear.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts

This is the huge rack BHC was telling us about from Monmouth County. Thats 35Whelan holding it.
35Whelan said he wouldn't shoot it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
George just called me, we started bullshitting about hunting and stuff. He told me I could bring my rack down anytime, he should be getting my deer started in about a month

Anyway he told me that that rack from MONMOUTH COUNTY, the one that Rich (35Whelan)is holding in the picture in this post offically scored 204-7/8"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts