New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible for a taxidermist to mount a head after the state cut the lip for age checking? i'm now thinking of getting it mounted but the state cut the lip.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
A tax. could stitch it up, if it's a clean cut(added cost). Then if you mount it with the good side turned to the front, it should be alright.
You could also get/buy another cape and have it done.

·
11,226 Posts
Call Joe during the day tomorrow....He'll tell ya where your at...973 983-8733 Tell him I sent ya... He did a great job fixing the antler I busted on my nine... I'm pretty sure he can fix your lip!

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
yeah, but the "patient" ain't gonna complain about whether or not it hurts.:p

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Woj, which check station did you take your deer to. I would like to avoid it.[down]

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Yep, permision should be granted first...especially on one that will be mounted. That is a nice deer. I would have liked to bust his lip after doing that![mad]

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Woj is out hunting today so I'll answer for him....

The biologists did ask permission (as they always do/never is a problem) before cutting the jaw, and Woj gave them permission to do so..The mount was an afterthought.

I know that he took his deer to the Lakeside Deli by his house, and that the biologists are regularly there. Biologists were also aging deer at the Sportsmen's Rendezvous this past Monday.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
The key is good Taxi.they can do almost any thing.A little glue caulk and paint. Your not having the mouth open are you.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
hey woj, it CAN be done... even though i think you alreay decided on making your trophy into a skull mount. if you have the hide ill be glad to take a look at it and tell you if its possible

1 - 16 of 16 Posts