New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up on there firing range, it was qualification day for me, at 11:30am, we had to stop 4 does and a 10 pointer came walking behind the targets, and stood there for 15 minutes watching us. He had bright white antlers.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they have over 700 acres, but its for the corrictions officers only

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Do what the poachers do... I guy drops his bowhunting buddy (wearing all camo) off early in the morning. Thus, no car. Then, comes back after dark and picks his friend up. [down][down][down][down]

Poachers stink!!!

·
11,226 Posts
I don't think thats the kind of place you want to take a chance of being seen walking around in the dark with a weapon! LOL! Someone might get the wrong idea and you could end up staring down the wrong end of a pistol! [smirk]

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
You have Clinton WMA, Round valley res.,Voorhees State park, Ken Lockwood Gorge WMA. They all have hunting for Big & small game. Clinton WMA is also where you can go to shoot BOW, SHOT GUN, MUZZLELOADER. All are very nice places

·
Registered
612 Posts
You have Clinton WMA, Round valley res.,Voorhees State park, Ken Lockwood Gorge WMA. They all have hunting for Big & small game. Clinton WMA is also where you can go to shoot BOW, SHOT GUN, MUZZLELOADER. All are very nice places
Yeah, but all are either illegal to hunt or hunted way too hard to produce deer of any size.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, I've scouted both pretty well, most of the decent deer (sometimes monstrous deer) are in the parks. Clinton backs right up to spruce run... and I've seen pretty big deer in there that never come into Clinton WMA... even during the rut. Same thing with Round Valley, the biggest deer I ever saw in person I saw at round valley (had to be 170 or 180 class)... but again, it never left the fenced enclosure (believe me I checked regularly[mad]). That deer was actually killed in the park by a car... in a 15MPH zone. The driver had the nerve to ask the park ranger if he could keep the rack.[mad]... ofcourse the answer was "NO!!" What a shame, but atleast his genetics are still there... I've seen a few other bruisers in there too.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
your not going to find rabbits at Voorhees or Ken Lockwood Gorge. the gorge is just a deer and turkey spot. Same as Vorhees. I do pretty much all of my hunting at the Gorge. I know it extremely well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts