New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this cam. For the price I want to get one but i have heard many do not work out of the box but the ones that do are well worth it. I wanted to know if this problem was solved and only on early cams?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I have a couple. Work great. No issues.
Ultramag will complain about battery life...but he's getting 2000 pictures a day taking 3 pictures every 5 seconds over a heap of corn....[ninja]

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
mofo tom does that with his cam.....20 second delay and takes 3 pics per activation over corn....you end up with 1,000 pics of the same doe @ 10pm[ko]

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
have 2 i got for xmas, works awesome.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have one and it is fine. For me it is easy to carry in the woods because it is not heavy. I even got the Moultrie metal lock box for $29.99 in Cabelas which fits the camera perfectly. Even with the lockbox the unit is lighter than a full size moultrie with batteries.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have three of them in woods right now. I put them out in August. They average 400 pics a week each. They all still have 50% battery life left. With great looking pics both nite and day. I have had other cams and gave them away. I won't buy anything else

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Pictures are great but I have the same opinion on the battery life as Ultramag. I am replacing them once a week due to the colder temps.Just started using the hybrid mode. Seems to work well.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That doesnt seem right battery life should not be going once a week when advertised up to a year battery life.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I have four of them out right now and they all run great. No issues with battery life. There is a software update to take care of that issue.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I've owned just about every brand cam, nothing compares to the m-80. Don't have one complaint and battery life is unreal compared to my others.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Anyone have one that eats batteries? My may. I'll know for sure when I check it on Saturday.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
This software issue will correct battery problems?And if so, how do you know if the camera needs an upgrade and how do you do it?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
how do you know if the camera needs an upgrade and how do you do it?
The upgrade download is on the website. I had one camera that didn't work right, upgraded and it's been fine since.
If you call customer service they were very good and easy to work with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts