New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have one hows the battery life? How many pics you getting on set of batteries? I have an older moultrie that takes 6 D cell's and the cold eats them up in no time.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I am very dissapointed with this cams battery life. they advertise 1 year battery life. my m80 after 3 or 4 thousand shots is dead in a week and a half. the images and trigger time is good and it has excellent features. also I am trying lithium batteries like x7 suggested to see if its any better

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
The M80 had enough ISSUES they replaced it with the M100, that should tell you something right off the bat.
They are just Moultrees copy of the Bushnell.
Want an inexpensive cam that gets ALL the pictures it should, is great on battery life buy a Bushnell

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I have 4 m-80's all work flawless. I think people that have problems with them did not update the software which is available on their website. If you buy cheap batteries such as the ones from lowes they last 1-2 weeks but thats taking 4000 pictures. I used energizers and duracells and got around 3-4 weeks. I have not spent the money on the lithiums yet but either way aa's are way cheaper than c or d cell batteries.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I have m-80's all work flawless.
x2

I am very dissapointed with this cams battery life. they advertise 1 year battery life. my m80 after 3 or 4 thousand shots is dead in a week and a half.
I mean really...you get 4000 pics or 400 per day in a week and expect 1 year of battery life....come on now....[confusedagain]

Why would you even need that many pics over a bait pile...[smirk]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
im gonna do the software update

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
I just got 2 m 80s for xmas. Do i need the upgrade or are they already upgrdaded? Also how do i do it?

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Comparing between the $200 bushnell and a $120 Moultrie has the Moultrie ahead for the price.

The Lithium batteries are recommended for the Moultie and far outlast any alkalines out there.
You can get the Bushnells at many places for way less than 200 bucks , and the difference will be saved the first 2 months on the less batteries you buy. After that its ALL savings on the bushnell side.

Put the 2 cameras side by side you will also see the bushnell takes pictures every time frame to the second.
the moultree will have many breaks in its sequence even when your sure their is something there that should have been setting off the trigger.
Many times you only get 1 picture of a good buck, I sure dont want him to walk through when the Moultree didnt take the pic

4000 pics on a set of batteries is a JOKE also.
I get 10 times that with a set of batteries on the bushnell cams

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
not to hijack but I run DLC covert 3.0 and they run off 4 AA batteries...I just changed out batteries from a cam I put in october...It took thousands of pictures and at least 40 60sec videos.....I was running lithium 8X batteries....You can find them on amazon cheap I paid $21 free shipping for 12 AA's....I would def go with the lithiums if your having battery life problems, the take colder weather better than alkalines as well.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
moultrie claims that I should ne getting 60000 pics but because I get a lot of night pics I am going to run tge software and try the lithium batteries. I am very impressed with the cam other than battery life.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Oneshotonekill.......
Put the off on switch in the AIM position....
The version number should be

V1108240

If it is not you need to download the file from the link I added above your ??? to a clean SD card (nothing on it) Follow the directions on the page.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
it sounds like all I need is the software update

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.