New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trail cam is only taking pics in black and white. The spot that I have it setup does not get much sun, but I don't think all the pics should be black and white. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
no not with mine. does it have the self-diagnostic test?

If you still cant figure out whats wrong, moultrie has excellent customer service, just give them a call and they will prob just ask you to send it in.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
i have an i40,i think its normal.alot of black and whites past 2 weeks.mine is set up in a heavily wooded spot.maybe if the sun ever decides to come out we'll get color pics again

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
moultrie has excellent customer service, just give them a call and they will prob just ask you to send it in.
What he said, only night pics should be B/W... Call them, I sent one back last year and they sent me back a new one...[up]

·
Registered
88 Posts
not enough sun light.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I have a few of the I40s. They need a certain level of sunlight to operate in color.
I thought I had a problem with one of mine last year but after I moved it into an area with more light I got the color pics.
I also think that some are a bit more sensitive about the light than others. That's just a guess though.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
def call moultrie..if it was bought in the last 2 years, tell them u are sending it back for repair..I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago and they sent me a brand new camera...im not sure if you are having problems with yours or not since i dont know about the IR cams since i have flash...but it makes sense if it is deep woods they would be more black and white [confusedagain]

but like i said, if there is osmething wrong and it was purchased within the last 2 years you have nothing to worry about they have an outstanding customer service center.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
You should've bought a Stealth Cam.
reeltight wasn't asked for trailcam suggestions or reviews. He is having a problem with a particular camera that he has and was asking for assistance/suggestions. Can one simply stick to a topic and offer constructive assistance/help?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
No sense of humor on here anymore?
If it was said in jest, then I apologize....it didnt appear to be with the [sad] afterward. Usually things said in jest would be followed by :D or[rofl]

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i have 4 i40s they do that in the summer when the canopy is full as the leaves drop they will be color. basically not enough ambiet light

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info guys. It must be all the I-40's. Even in the winter with no leaves I still got very few color shots. It sounds like they need direct sun to take shots in color. I'm still going to give them a call.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts