To pass nj inspection, you must have:
* License plates with current decal and current registration
* Proof of insurance
* Valid motorcycle driver license
* Steering, suspension, and wheel alignment
* Handlebar grips that are not higher than your shoulders when you are seated on the motorcycle in normal driving position
* Red rear light and reflector
* Stop light
* Head light
* Rear view mirror
* Exhaust system
* Seat, hand holds, and foot rests
* Adequate brakes (all motorcycles made after 1974 require brakes on front and rear wheels.)
I did a motorcycle run last year and we came into a small town in PA and the cops looked at every motorcycle to see if they had a valid reg and inspection. Ill get it inspected just to be on the safe side.90% don't even get their bikes inspected.
[up] i do the sameIll get it inspected just to be on the safe side.
Same with me the last time I had a bike inspected ..... they wanted to see me lock up the rear wheel. (But, its the front brake that is most important [smirk] )all they really look for is that all lights are working, horn works, and when i had my bike they used to make me ride it like 5 feet just to see that the brakes worked,,,,, and like its been said helmet must say DOT on it