• Dodge

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Nissan

Votes: 4 1.9%
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I been driving pickup trucks since 1981. I have always had Ford trucks up to 2008. I had some issues with them from minor to major. Since 2008, I purchased a Chevy Silverado and it has been the best truck that I have had so far. It's been the cheapest to maintain as well. I think that they all have issues but, Ford and Chevy are the best for the money.

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
I've owned them all but Dodge, I'm partial to Toyota. Many years ago their bodies would rot out but the engine would just keep going. They now have improved on the sheet metal, the engine are just as good if not better.

I had recalls on every brand truck I had, but the Toyota's recalls where simple ones, like the floor mats, things like that, my first Tacoma had a head gasket recall which is major but I was on the verge of trading it in anyway. My current Tundra also had a recall but was taken care of before I drove off the lot with it, it wasn't major at all. The other brand trucks I had always had major recalls and numerous ones at that on certain models.

I will say that Chevy was the worst truck I owned, the worst customer service, this was back in 1995 I got my money back under the lemon law, I had a 2005 Ford F-150 drove great just had so many recalls, Nissan also a simple recall.

I know over the years each company has improved, so I guess it comes down to personnel choice.

Great video:

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I have owned several Chevrolet's A GMC and a few Toyota's.. After the my last 2 Chevy's were riddled with electrical issues and my Toyota's have been very reliable knock on wood. I am a Toyota Tundra owner at the moment

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2005 toyota tacoma and I got it brand new with 0 miles and now it has 136,000 miles and I never had an issue with this truck. Only thing I did was change the oil. Toyota's are meant to last [up]

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I like chevy. The 350 has been around so long it has been perfected. I also like it for the ergonomics. Im a pretty big guy and it fits me well from the arm rest rest height all the way to leg room. My wife drives a 2007 durango, thing rides like a cadillac but does not fit me well. Also the check engine ligjt is constantly coming on with emission component failures, although minor fixes, it gets really annoying. Never owned a toyota but everyone i talk to loves them. Next truck will be chevy or toyota.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
between personal use and work trucks Ive owned all but nissan. I liked dodge the least, mostly for front end feel/issues. Toyota, I prob have the least experience with, but I owned one of the old smaller ones in 4wd for a hunting/woods beater and it took all and was reliable. Fords decent, but a few more issues.and I never liked them as much as chevy. I now have 2 GMC, 1 new and a 02 work truck with abt 130k now, only thing I ever did was oil, tires and brakes as needed. they dont get babied and have been very reliable for me so far. Think Ill stick with GMC for a while

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
A 2001 dodge 2500. Yeah right! Hate my truck. Will never buy a dodge as long as i live. Had to replace almost everything and only has 140,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
wow chevy and toyota tied [up] never owned a yota, but have owned a chevy and a ford, ford was more costly to maintain and unconfortable to sit in, chevy so far its beed great, mine is a 2002 no major issues just the basic tune up brakes exhaust, and oil changes, [up]

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ive had them all never any rice burners though........Ford is my top pick over all....GM and Chevy did not fare well.......Dodge surprisingly has done very well.......

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
I drive ALOT, have had all of the big three.
(2) 150 fords, both pretty trouble free until around 165000 miles, then all kinds of issues.
(1) expedition, was great truck till it fell apart at 171000
(1) f 250 diesel w/6.9 , ran good sold it with 145000
(1) f 350 diesel w/7.3 got rid of it because they could never get front end right
( 1) Gmc 1500 got 255000 miles on it but it took 3 transmissions to get there

currently have a 2008 Dodge 1500 , just turned 190000 miles on it and it runs like the day I brought it home, have only changed the brakes, tires, and thats it except for a new spark plugs at 127000, and a new EGR valve at 185000. this truck has their million mile warranty on it and its going to get used:smile:

HECK with the maintenence fees can someone give me all my GAS MONEY BACK , I could retire[eek]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Dodge sucks. Period. Only good thing in a dodge is the Cummins motor. Ford is number one in the U.S, but Chevy also makes a very dependable truck.

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
didn't they take care of it with money? If I recall they gave more money then what most trucks where worth, correct me if I'm wrong

I had a 1995 Chevy Blazer I had to wait 4 months to get it from the time I placed the order, had it for a few days, paint was coming off, they take it for 3 months and they give me a beat up Oldsmobile with rip seats, over flow ashtray, I get it back, less then a week later massive summer rain storm, water leaking from the roof racks, they take it back for 3 weeks, gave me the same Oldsmobile as a loaner, get the blazer back water leaks once more, under the lemon law of NJ in 1995 I got Chevy, but they refuse to give me my money back or replacement, back then it was the customer's choice, I contacted the AG's office of NJ, who forced them under the law and with fines to give me my choice, of course my money back. I was told by the AG's office within 10 business days, it took them over one month, they got fined once more, then they tried to sue me for the the amount they got fined for. I know things have improved with all car/truck makers since then and over the years, but what happen to me, I wouldn't buy a GM

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have owned Chevy, Dodge and Ford, at present a 2001 Dodge 2500, the best truck at of all of them was a 1976 Dodge power wagon with 318, and a 4 on the floor, man I miss that truck !

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
This May I will have been driving my 1993 Toyota 4x4 for 20 years. 230 000 miles and still going. I love my truck [up]. Has to be the best thing I ever brought. I think the Sricker price was like $18 000

1 - 20 of 78 Posts