New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dicks Sporting Goods selling Mossberg 500 (12 or 20) Field/Deer Combo with a scope for $250. Any recommendation?

B

·
0 Posts
If its the one with the RIFLED/CANTILEVER MOUNT BARREL jump on it.....MOSSBERG MAKES ONE HELL OF A GOOD SHOTGUN, AND THEY ARE ACCURATE. They guys I know that use them use LIGHTFEILD SLUGS, I use them also in my MOSSBERG 500 20ga

Get yourself a decent scope for it, no need to spend alot of money, what we have on our MOSSBERGS both 12ga & 20ga. are the BUSHNEL TROPHY SERIS SCOPES in 3-9X40, no need to go that high in magnafacation, but thats what we like. That scope should go for somewhere around $90/$100, maybe cheaper

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I saw it at Effinger's one year and almost bought it. Does the one at Dicks come with the Cantalever spope mount.

B

·
0 Posts
its the rifled barrel then, take that scope off its junk, get the shotgun its worth the price

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Deanz, are they having the firearms sale now?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I have this exact combo. Bought it 4 years ago and paid $400 for it without the scope. It's worth it. Like BHC commented, dump the scope and buy a decent one like a Simmons 3-9 x 40. Awesome gun.

David

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Did you notice if the Stoeger O/U's are on sale?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Is that for the 12/20 combo package of just one set of barrels? Which Dicks do you go to?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
mpemt24,

It's the 12 gauge with the smoothbore and rifled cantilever scope barrel. Any Dick's should carry/honor this price.

David

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
It's the 12 gauge with the smoothbore and rifled cantilever scope barrel. Any Dick's should carry/honor this price.
I know for the Mossberg, but I am wondering about the Stoeger.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Most Diccks dont have them in stoc, I have a friend that went to two of them and both had to back oder them!!! They are flying off the shelves, so I would call before you go there to see if they have them in stock

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
How long is the firearm's sale going on?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts