New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys prefer to be in if you had to choose your favorite, Hunting in the mornings(sunrise) or eavnings(sunset). And I don't mean For deer activity, Just as far as the senery. I think watching the forest turn dark and still is pretty cool how it gets quiet and all the daytime activity goes to sleep. But my favorite is watching the woods wake up. I love seeing the first squirls come out of there nest and on some days seeing the mist rise off the ground, By far my favorite is waking up with nature..

B

·
0 Posts
I have to say the whole day from sunrise to sundown[up] I can't say either one

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
They both do it for me. I like the mornings for how you described and the evenings for the same reason as you described. The outdoors are great all day long I love being there.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I like the mornings with the sun rising and the woods coming alive. Also, I feel better with the bow if I arrow a deer and need to let it settle before finding him. Nothing worse than shooting a deer at last light with the bow and then breaking out the flashlights/etc.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I killed my biggest buck in the morning.That is until,I killed an even bigger buck on an afternoon hunt.So,I really can't say which is better.They're both good!! [confused]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Anytime of day is great. BUt for scenery I would have to say mornings. There is noting like the mornings on my property and are looking to the east over a field. The sun comes over the ridge in a nice shade of purple and turns to crimson. Or if I hunt near the pond, the morning mist rising from the water.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I like mornings better, but I seem to be only able to hunt evenings.

-dan

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with mornigs also, I love that moment when the sun comes up and the heat pushes the cold air down, then temp drops about what seems 10 degrees and you freeze( well it would be considered cold in Texas anyways) your but off for about 30 to an hour and then everything warms up again. Sitting in a 16' Tripod just above the ceadar line with the birds flying by and swerving away once they realize what you are! lol Plus then there are those moments when you can hear the deer about as they clatter around on the rock..( lots of loose shale where I used to hunt) gets your heartrate up.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I love any time in the outdoors, but mornings are my favorite. Unfortunately, I don't have many good morning stands any more. Most of my good morning spots are now housing developments. Of course, when it's 71 degrees and 75 percent humidy (like yesterday) at 5:00am, mornings aren't as good.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Rut from 10AM till 2PM .

Any other time I like the afternoon better . Reason being is morning deer are making their way back to beds and all ready on the move . Afternoon they are bedded up and it is easier to slip in set up and wait for them to head out to feed .

Don't get me wrong , I have shot deer both ways . And , any time in the woods is better then a day of work !!

·
Registered
131 Posts
No question, mornings hands down!!! There is nothing on earth like that time of the morning when the daylight starts to come in... it seems like the whole world is in black and white!!! When you hear those leaves crunchin at this time, it's enough to make yo have a heart attack!!!:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts