New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a report that the Passiac and Ramapo Rivers are rising again. Ramapo River has already begun to flood. Heard on the radio that a bridge is also underwater. I feel bad for the residents along these rivers. But I guess it could be worse, like New Orleans.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It can rain today and tomorrow. I have to work. But can't rain Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The Red Cross was in Oakland last night as about 300 homes had some flood damage. Our club in Zone 2 was swamped last Sunday and is probably worse off now since we have 2 good sized streams running the property.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just drove past the Passaic in Little Falls, Its just about to run over the banks
Thats not good. I have to cross the Pompton River that flows into the Passiac above Little Falls to get home. Hope I can make it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The only way out of Teterboro for me to get home is East on Rte. 46 through Little Falls to the Turnpike South.....Hope I can get there [confused]

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yup, you're right BHC, I stand corrected.

I've only gone home that way twice in almost 5 years - Usually take Rte. 17 to Rte. 3 to Rte. 120 (sports complex) and jump on the Turnpike, otherwise

Coming to work, I come up on the parkway and get off at Exit 157 (Rte. 46E).

Otherwise, I'm lost around here!!!![sad]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just had a pond overflow here. Blocking part of the roadway.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same here in Franklin Lakes. I have geese landing in the flooded soccer field behind work.

G

·
I just got a phone call, reverse 911 from the LODI PD, telling residents that theres flooding thru out LODI....I wanted to call them back and say NO [no swearing please] AHOLE.....GLADE TO SEE MY TAX DOLLARS AT WORK...I can't wait to sell and move from this piece of S**T town

1 - 20 of 47 Posts