New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same Area, Different Field. I Grabbed These Pics As Stills From Video I Took The Other Evening.
There Sure Are Some Great Bucks Around Right Now . . .

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
wow robin! they look great! hope you get a shot at em this year! [up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remmy, it's unbelievable what I have seen coming out in the last few weeks. They just can't stay away from the beans, it mesmorizes them and they just can't help themselves. I actually tasted one of the leaves the other day and it wasn't that bad, no bitterness at all.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
thats awesome! the same thing for me at the prop i hunt! they have TONS of beans out this year..its like candy for these deer...its unreal what i have seen on my prop too! lets hope we can get it done and see one of these big boys upclose! [up]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
just can't stay away from the beans, it mesmorizes them and they just can't help themselves.
Problem is, that food source will change within the next 30 days, so when the opener comes, there will be no deer there. Time to start scouting what other food sources are in the immediate area that will "ripen" in about 30 days. But its still nice to know there are bucks of that quality in your hunting area-it will make passing up the dinkers that much easier

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Great footage and shots. Really hope yuo will have one of those boys in front of you at 20 yards broadside here in the fall[up][up][up]

Shoot straight!

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Good pics Robim good luck[up]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Some big old bombers there Ms Grit. Good luck with em... You have an exciting season ahead of you.[up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MTH, I know that most of the bucks will be gone by the opener, but the other evening, I counted NINETEEN shooter bucks out of 21 deer in one specific field. It just amazes me to know that there are even that many that have laid low, so to speak, in order to get to the quality that they are. Hopefully, when the food source changes, a few of them will remain in the area. Many of the famers in this area planted the beans this year instead of corn, but there are still some apple trees back along the edges of the woods and the fields.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I actually tasted one of the leaves the other day and it wasn't that bad, no bitterness at all.
- Try the beans inside the pods. They are really good. I used to eat them all the time at my Uncle's farm in PA when I was a kid.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
there are still some apple trees back along the edges of the woods and the fields.
Robin, those apple trees will rippen in Early to Mid September. nock a few apples to the ground on Sept 1, and repeat the process every 3 days. If there are not enough apples in those trees-supplement with deer (bruised/nicked) apples from the local orchard. Keep those trees hot with apples through Mid september, and those big guys will show[up] If you will have access to the property next year too, come mid March 2010, use Jobes "fruit tree spikes" to fertelize those apple trees and prune them back some. Then in fall 2010 you will have loads of apples and tastier ones at that

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.