1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special Bear Alert

Time Sensitive

Getting Serious About Trash: Contact Senator Corzine, Representative Pallone

Garbage, not bears, should be targeted in efforts to reduce human-bear interactions in populated areas.

Friends of Animals has asked New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Commissioner Bradley M. Campbell to forgo a second hunt of black bears, and to undertake a serious trash management program New Jersey's bear country instead. The DEP should expand upon existing trash management initiatives, and allow the initiatives to work. It is in the commissioner's power to do so.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate and U.S. Senator Jon Corzine and U.S. Representative Frank Pallone (Democrat, District 6) must support this proposal (see contact information below). Their support may be crucial to stopping the hunt.

The key to the human population's successful co-existence with bears is removal of unnatural food sources. Hunting does nothing to lessen this lure. Even in a state as vast as Alaska, trash attracts bears.

Yet black bears have every interest in avoiding humans, provided humans in bear country manage their garbage. Concentrated waste management would adapt the common-sense approach used elsewhere. The use of bear-proof canisters, and bear-proofing dumpsters at parks, construction sites, and food outlets will normally ensure that bears seek more natural foods and environments.

We can respond to the presence of black bears in a way that respects the bears and humans alike, and we should.

ACTION: Two Phone Calls

Please call Senator Corzine and Representative Pallone today.

Ask both to prevail upon DEP Commissioner Bradley Campbell to expand recent DEP waste management initiatives, and to allow the initiatives to work.

Ask for their positions on the upcoming bear hunt.

Let both know that many people in New Jersey appreciate and respect black bears, and we will be heard. In all of New Jersey's recorded history, not one human being has been killed or seriously injured by a black bear. We and the bears are part of the same biocommunity, and we can behave nobly and non-violently alongside bears.

Please relay any responses you receive to the Friends of Animals e-mail address, below. Thank you.

Senator Jon Corzine
732-729-9820

Rep. Frank Pallone
732-729-9820

Friends of Animals
New Jersey Office

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Special Bear Alert

Time Sensitive

Getting Serious About Trash: Contact Senator Corzine, Representative Pallone

CORRECTION

The correct phone number for Rep. Frank Pallone is:

732-571-1140

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Corzine has no power to intercede, he can only offer opinion, veiled in the threat of "when I become governor, you're going to work for ME"

Corzine wants to be Governor; he won't make a fool of himself (that of course is a relative consideration since he's already a dimwit in my book).

I figure Forrester or Corzine, Campbell is gone. Lets just hope he doesn't hose US on the way out the door.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Were they not hugged enough as children?

Perhaps they ate paint chips?

Whatever the cause, they always fail to make a good argument against the hunt.

Sure we can expand the garbage management.
Sure we can expand the bear education.
BUT, my question to these people is: WHAT do we do with all the EXTRA bears?

If they could answer that question with a reasonable answer, maybe I would take them seriously, but these "friends of animals" should rename themselves the "antihunting animal observers". They dont do a damn thing that actually helps the animals. Go plant some food or cut down some trees to rejuvinate native plants you pickle heads!

Maybe they should only weigh the opinions of people who live in the most densely populated bear regions. Normally they have a different view on the matter. These "friends of animals" probably live on the 15th floor of a high rise in Manhattan, and they couldnt see a bear with a hubble telescope.

On second thought, maybe we should listen to the trained wildlife biologits. Nah, that would make too much sense.

Guess we need to make some more phone calls. Thanks for posting this Luknikk.[up]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
With moronic tripe like this I refer back to my original proposal:

NJ Hunter as well as ALL other state hunting organizations must be the first to issue statements and alerts about the attack on the sport and concurrently the management of wildlife within our state.

Hunters in NJ can no longer afford to sit back and allow the anti-s to dictate policy or public opinion.

They'll take away our sport, then they'll take away our guns, bows, arrows, fishing poles, and ultimately, our freedom.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Corzine has no power to intercede, he can only offer opinion, veiled in the threat of "when I become governor, you're going to work for ME"

Corzine wants to be Governor; he won't make a fool of himself (that of course is a relative consideration since he's already a dimwit in my book).

I figure Forrester or Corzine, Campbell is gone. Lets just hope he doesn't hose US on the way out the door.
Corzine has much more power than you think. Campbell is doing anything he can to get back in Corzine's favor. If corzine tells Campbell there is no hunt than Campbell will do everything in his power to stop it. That's exactly what happened with McGreevey.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's from friends of animals. My wife delt with them because they offer free things for pets,or very discounted prices on spayed's and neuters. So now she keeps getting these stupid news letters from them.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I could just see me a animal rights person. I should infultrate there group and corupt those bastards...I belive animals have rights..Rights to be shot legaly,humainly, And in season..

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Just remember everyone is entitled to their opinion. This being said common sense will prevail in the long run. Eventually the bear hunt will take place and become a yearly event because of all the problems associated with them. If it is this year or next it will happen because the bears are here to stay and multiply. If it doesnt happen this year and someones kid gets killed, then the anti's just put there foot in their mouth again as usual....hang in there fellow hunters the hunt will happen!!!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts