New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed to New Brunswick CA for their moose season on Tuesday. My buddies up there said they saw a nice one the other day probably 45 inches but tremendous mass. Looking forward to it. Anyone else moose hunting?

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Best of luck! A moose hunt is on my life list of "must do" but I can't afford it right now. Post pix when you get back and shoot straight:)

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
I'm not answering for him but, I dont think so I havent seen to many people Hunt Moose with a Bow. Probably Rifle.
Lots of people shoot moose with the bow...they are made for bowhunters...

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
I had a moose tag in BC years back... I was actualy on a goat hunt but picked up a Moose tag just in case. We did see several moose but nothing that I said WOW over so we didnt even bother going after them

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Best of luck. I friend got a trophy from Newfoundland last year. I was keeping some in my freezer and finally gave the rest to him yesterday. I just had some jerkey after lunch and it was great.

I would make sure you have arrangements to keep all the meat. You get a lot!

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
:) I went to Newfoundland last year. What a hunt!
Good luck and enjoy every minute.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I dont think so I havent seen to many people Hunt Moose with a Bow.
You need to get to more outdoor shows and talk to outfitters. Tons of people kill moose with bows.
My cousin is in Alaska right now hunting Brown bear, MOOSE and sheep with his bow.
Your new to hunting right? A few years maybe?

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
You need to get to more Outdoor Shows and talk to Outfitters.
Why would I want to do this? I dont want to go on a Moose Hunt, I was just saying I seen alot more people shoot Moose with Rifles then Bows.

Your new to hunting right? A few years maybe?
No, not really. [eyeroll]

·
Registered
943 Posts
Good Luck on your Hunt

My son took a nice 49" Moose in Maine last November...I haven taken Moose in Newfoundland, Alaska and British Columbia........nothing like a freezer full of Swamp Donkey[up]

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! Although I prefer to hunt with the bow (I might spend 5-7 days a year with a gun and it's usually not in NJ) I am hunting with my trusty Browning .300 Win Mag. I have an arrangement with my buddies up there, they put me up and feed me and I give them 1/2 of the moose meat if I score. Will post some pictures when I return, hoping for a good one!!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Moose meat is delicious! I just had a bear roast sandwich for lunch...hmmmm good.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
I got shut out on NB this fall. I was hoping for a tag. You're lucky. Have a ball!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts