New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
that's a really big 6... Not sure where you are hunting, but its generally tough to get a mature buck on a bait pile in shooting light unless its a light pressured area.... Congratulations

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Well I have to say shakey camera work or not great job! I would have lost it! Great work keeping yourself together with all those deer around getting it done is fantastic! Not sure where you are in Central Jersey but the deer by me tolerate very little movement even 27 feet up. I have to congratulate you on a nice buck and even better nerves!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
also nice to see how quickly a 3 blade fixed broadhead kills a deer, as I been maintaining for years. You don't kneed a mechanical with 2" cut to put them down quickly. Your buck was not even sure what happened, he didn't run for 100s of yards due to the slap of a big mechanical, he just walked off and died within seconds... That's all you need, it's hard to improve on a quality 1 1/8" cut 3-blade fixed...

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
also nice to see how quickly a 3 blade fixed broadhead kills a deer, as I been maintaining for years. You don't kneed a mechanical with 2" cut to put them down quickly. Your buck was not even sure what happened, he didn't run for 100s of yards due to the slap of a big mechanical, he just walked off and died within seconds... That's all you need, it's hard to improve on a quality 1 1/8" cut 3-blade fixed...
Jack its statement like that make me think you really have no clue how good some of the expandable heads are.
After having shot deer with over 50 different heads MOST of them being fixed heads that statement is silly.
Sure I have shot deer that have gone less than 20 yards with a fixed head with most going 45-75.
But shooting grim reapers 95% of the deer shot go less than 30 yards.
NO matter how much you hate it, the bigger the hole is into the lungs , the faster they collapse more consistantly

shooting an un alert deer also usually gets a deer down faster , as they dont know what happened.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts