New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not by us tho :(

lol we have been chasing this deer for 2 years now (probably more but we know its him for sure for the past 2). I missed him last year at 30 yards and the day after i missed him i had him spend 20 mins 14 yards away with no clear shot at anything except his head/neck... all i needed was 1 more step.

we had him on camera all summer and once the season opened he turned nocturnal.. i just get a phone call and it turns out through a grapevine i hear he is dead. after a few days of research and many texts we track down a harvest photo. I blocked out the face of the hunter because I dont know who he is and have no permission from him to post his face online.

Here are some photos of this buck from last season and this season along with the harvest photo from a few days ago.

last year:

this year:

Horn Wildlife Antler Antelope Kudu

and finally, his last photo:

Congrats to the hunter, this is truly a beautiful deer well earned.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Nice buck.
the same exact thing happened to me. I was after a huge 10 for 2 years, had several encounters with him but never no shot.
Finally after not seeing him for a few months, got a text saying he was killed, across the street from my farm on federal property.
I was absolutely disgusted.
He wound up scoring 158" in change I believe.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Neat story great buck and "... all i needed was 1 more step." summed up most all of my bowhunts for elk and countless deer hunts......painful yet delicious.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow- thats a tough break :/
had the same happen to me - so it makes me a bit sick to hear, but I guess thats y its hunting and not killing.
as long as he didnt take him sitting in your bait pile... Its an awesome buck. Congrats to the hunter

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to hear & congrats to the hunter. How far away from your spot was it harvested?
500 yards from what I've heard... In a backyard of course lol

Our pics of him were at the very edge of our land so we were limited on moving in to get him... He was apparently harvested 3 doors down and across the road behind the next house. I've asked permission to hunt one yard and the lady said no.

I guess it's who ya know lol

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Know what, good attitude about it all. It's disappointing when one slips through our fingers, but as long as killed legally, it's right to congratulate the successful hunter. They aren't our or my deer. They are everyone's deer. Kudos to you

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.