New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hunted Holmdel, Ramanessin section last year during 6 day. Took my bow because I was new to NJ and didn't have FID in time. Nothing in range, but heard about 21 gun shots at first light on opener. Left for lunch and jumped huge doe. She actually stopped and if you could shoot on the ground I would have nailed her, but can only hunt from stand in the parks. Went to another park for evening hunt, used little bleat w/in 30 mins. had monster coming to my stand, caught my wind about 50 yds. away in thick brush. Better luck this year, but I know he was not taken and I will be back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anybody hunting Howell Park Golf Course

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I'll be in Turkey swamp as always and I'll have my daughter with me this year[up]. I know they sold a crap load of permits this year.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Big Brook is loaded with guys...already counted 35 stands in there!!!
what's another 50 or so....[hihi]

Seriously - if people check out the maps there are plenty of places within the park system that possibly get over-looked.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
tons of places to hunt in the parks. Don't be afraid to hike. Once you stop seeing stands, you'll start seeing more and more deer. I've shot a lot of deer out of the parks and look forward to it every year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I decided I am starting in Holmdel Oct 3rd. Saw one nice doe and a few hunters setting up on Saturday. I will consider looking at the golf courses if Holmdel gets over run with hunters. Any reports? Keep the thread going gaylords!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts