New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GSpotter sent in this is a pic of a buck that he has been chasing for 3 years now. The sheds from it are in his photo gallery. This is the 1st sighting of the year. The picture was taken over a scrape on Nov 6.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
WOWWWWWW..!!!! he did not get that big by being stupid. He is an old Deer!! Where did you say he was located at :D:D

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Awesome!

Hope he gets him[up]

I know how hard it is to hunt one specific buck for 3 years myself. It can wear you down bigtime, thats for sure. I wish him all the luck in the world harvesting that beautiful buck!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Yeah, Like Shawn asked where was that pic taken, NO NO NO NO NO I DON'T WANT TO HUNT THERE,JUST CURIOUS WHERE THE AREA IS...YEAH THATS IT JUST CURIOUS THAT'S ALL:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
My brother has a spot in holmdel that has some giants there is only four of them allowed to hunt there and i am not one[mad].
One of the guys got a 14 pointer 2 weeks ago.
Monmouth county has alot of big deer but its mostly all private and hard to get permission.
Good luck getting him[up]

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
if its monmouth county i would say colts neck off rt 34 or possibly holmdel. there arent too many hills in monmouth county. last guess would be howell .

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Notice how his tarsal Glands are not even dark yet and the Pic was on the 6th of November. It is going to be a later Peak than in the past few years in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I dont know about that Dave, I think they are pretty dark, but the flash made them look white. Look at the bottom of them, they are stained there. Look like it to me anyway.

Also, if you notice his mouth is wide open. Heavy breathing after chasing does maybe?

However, I do agree the rut seems to be peaking a little later this year.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

BEAUTIFUL BUCK....hope you can get him GSPotter![up][up]

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Lifehog - where in holmdel is brother hunting - I hunt the area - colts neck - Marlboro - not many spot. Wondering if I know him.

I know the guys who hunt on 34 right before the light at rt 520 - also up the hill towards aberdeen

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Matt a big buck like that would have his glands BLACK including the area all around them. This one has only the gland itself brown....

Oh well none the less an awesome deer[up]

·
Registered
973 Posts
I know the guys who hunt on 34 right before the light at rt 520 - also up the hill towards aberdeen
Hey, KAH I too hunt in Marlboro. My guess is that Buck is moving in and around the Syc center off of 520. I seen a nice 12 pointer chasing does there on Saturday.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Lifehog, Do you have any pics of that 14 pointer..Im sure we would all love to see some..Do you have any idea what it would score?

B

·
0 Posts
Excellent buck, just goes to show what NJ can produce[up]

Looks very much like the rack thats at the taxidermist I use.....Jrhunt & "35" saw it also !!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts