New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone go out this afternoon....Well I just figured out they are still probably out :D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Not if they are good hunters like you and me Ian.[cool]:D

I just stroll out there and one of the deer in the area jumps in the back of my truck and up and dies. They know its inevitable so....:D

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
I went this morning didnt see anything. I'm back on the 12 hr night shift so I will be hunting every morning this week.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Jim why no bow hunting this year??

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Ian, can you get out Wednesday afternoon?

·
11,226 Posts
Jim why no bow hunting this year??
I've never taken the time to take the test and get my bow liscence...[down][sad] My father is a shotgun only hunter so I never learned about bow hunting... I'm going to pick up a new bow this winter and practice so I can take the test before next season!![up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Oh good for you. [up] let me know if you want to get together and shoot.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Jim, I am just the opposite. I dont have my Shotgun license. I was introduced the entirely opposite way. My friends father, who introduced me to hunting, has always hunted with a bow. so, naturally, i followed that route. I just recently puchased an 870 and am planning on taking the test soon but I haven't even gotten out to shoot the gun yet. I just need someone to take me out for the first time to introduce me to shooting like I was introduced to archery. I mean i have fired several guns in the past but I could use some intsuction on the proper form and such.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I went out after work and shot doe #7. A nice old timer. She had her 2 fawns and her yearling from last year with her.
Arrow went through so fast she didn't even know she was hit. Walked away about 10 yards and stopped to lick the entrance wound. Walked another 5 yards and started to wobble, and over she went.
I could have shot the yearling as it stood about 15 yds from my stand after I shot Mom but I didn't have time to get both checked in and couldn't do it in the AM.
I really do wish I could run into a nice buck.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
TJC try waiting for a buck. It my help:D

·
11,226 Posts
Oh good for you. let me know if you want to get together and shoot.
You got it!!![up]

MS22 I don't do much trap shooting but if you ever want to come take a walk through the woods with me I can show you a few things about shotgunning...[up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
El Jefe,

Yea, I'm about ready to start sitting and waiting. Unfortunately hunting in back yards is not the same as in the wooded areas. I know pretty much what is around and I haven't seen anything nice all year. Some smaller 6 pts and a couple of small 8's but nothing more than 2.5 yrs old.
I have one spot that is about 10 acres that I have been leaving alone for later this month. There are a couple of nicer bucks running that. We'll see what cooler weather brings about the 3rd week of Oct.;)
For now I'll just keep ridding the neighborhoods of the pesty bush eaters. :D They taste the same as others. [up]

B

·
0 Posts
TJC: YOU TOOK 7 ANTERLESS DEER SO FAR THIS SEASON? IF THATS TRUE, YOUR A COMPLETE ******* IN MY EYES !!! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH 7 DEER, LET THE ANTERLESS DEER LIVE, TO TEACH THERE YOUNG. THEN YOU GO ON TO SAY YOUR WAITING FOR A BUCK, WELL MAYBE IF YOU DON'T SHOT A DOE MAYBE A BUCK WILL SHOW UP, MAYBE THAT DOE WILL BE IN HEAT COME THE RUT AND DRAW HIM IN. COME NEXT YEAR YOU WILL BE BITCHING AND COMPLAINING THAT YOUR NOT SEEING AS MANY DEER AS YOU HAVE IN PAST, WELL YOUR ANSWER TO THAT WILL BE YOUR PAST HISTORY. YOUR NOT A TRUE HUNTER, A REAL HUNTER HOLDS OFF, AND TAKES HIS TIME, YOU MUST THINK THAT HUNTING AND KILLING AS MUCH GAME AS YOU COULD MAKES YOU A BETTER HUNTER, WELL YOU NEED TO GET BETTER ADVICE AND GET MORE YEARS UNDER YOUR BELT TO WALK IN THE SHOES OF THE HUNTERS ON THIS WEB SITE. JUST BECAUSAE THE STATE SAYS "UNLIMITED" DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD BE OUT THERE KILLING ALL OF THEM, OH THATS THE NAME THAT FITS YOU "KILLER" NOT HUNTER

·
Registered
587 Posts
WOW!!! Calling someone a ******* on an open board is not cool. Try to e mail him so you can do it private. Remember he could be lying this is the internet or he could be telling the truth. Life is way to short to get worked up over this,and get everyone else worked up over.

·
Registered
282 Posts
while i totally agree with the messenger(bowhuntercop) the way the message was delivered should have been a little more tactful.because we dont really know who everyone is and whos watching. remember(united we stand).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.