New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scrape hunting is a fantastic way to get Bucks from near and far to start showing up in your shooting lanes during legal shooting light. I've been hunting and building scrapes for years and if built properly you will be getting a lot of pics as the October lull comes to an end. More important is build it correctly and have it up and running with a dripper in mid October and Bucks will know where that scent is. As days get shorter, Bucks will remember that scent even if they never visited that scrape. Now they will seek it out and begin to check it every night after dark. As things begin to approach RUT time those same Bucks will start to visit it in daylight to make sure they are first to find that hot Doe.
The scrape lure I make is excellent! it is called WET SPOT. It is a blend of 100% Peak Doe in Heat urine and Doe interdigital and tarsal gland tincture. It also has the perfect amount of Buck in Rut urine blended with Buck interdigital, tarsal and preorbital gland tincture. I use a dripper over my scrapes so that there is a fresh dose of WET SPOT in the scrape every day. Trust me it works and Bucks will visit it and soon be visiting in daylight. If you build a mock scrape, make sure you are scent free when building it. Make sure you have a licking branch the bucks can reach. Add some WET SPOT to end of the licking branch and some in the scrape then fill your dripper. If you don't have a dripper then add WET SPOT to the scrape mid day for about 3 or 4 days and it will start getting visits. Freshen it up when you hunt it.
For pics of Bucks shot over mock scrapes while using WET SPOT visit the pics and testimonial page on my web site.
www.Signal11Lures.com GET YOUR SCRAPES GOING!

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
I have been utilizing mock scrapes since high school and have kept a detailed journal of my findings , scent used, locations etc. when done right they are incredibly effective. Being as scent free as possible, creating scrapes on the edge of thickets / swamps etc makes it more likely for mature deer to physically check the scrapes during daylight rather then at night or scent checking from a distance . I've never used this brand scent but I'm sure if used correctly you will increase your odds of filling your tag.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just an effective way of getting Bucks to visit a location that you choose. Like mentioned above built correct and in a good location is important as well as scent free. Like Bushnlo stated, many guys kill over the same scrape location year after year. I'll even add a rub line in across my shooting lane. Scent plus the visual will get Bucks fired up!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This NJ Buck was taken over a scrape with our lure this year. NJHunter member.

This Buck also from a NJHunter member taken over a scrape with our lure in it.

This Buck is from Ohio. Brads top pic shows the Buck tearing up a mock scrape with our lure in it (WET SPOT) during daylight. The lower pic is two days later when the same buck was arrowed at that scrape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts